Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL, https://www.lbl.gov/) Accelerator Technology and Applied Physics (ATAP, https://atap.lbl.gov/) Division has multiple openings for an Administrator to join their team.
In this role, you will provide a wide range of administrative support services for researchers and staff, supporting programs within Accelerator Technology & Applied Physics Division. Under the guidance of the work lead, you will be responsible for serving as a point of contact for the program's operational, administrative, and programmatic issues through independent planning, organization, prioritization and timely execution of tasks.
What You Will Do:
• Under the guidance of the work lead, plan, develop, complex coordinate logistics for meetings, reviews, and events while ensuring compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Working in collaboration with the Senior Administrator, research, analyze, interpret and implement Laboratory policies, practices and procedures relating to administrative activities.
• Disseminate information and policy changes to administrative staff and Division management, and provide policy interpretation as needed.
• Serve as Travel, Event, Publication, and Procurement specialist and provide regular training updates and maintain desk guides for processes.
• Assist research and operational staff with work space planning and maintenance, property tracking, and new hire onboarding.
• Collaborate with researchers and administrative staff to create and maintain work process templates, forms, and maintain lobby boards.
• Assess, prioritize, track, and determine appropriate action on various requests and inquiries ensuring timely completion.
• Work with Senior Administrator on routine personnel actions and fellowship students, including affiliate processing.
• Assist with tasks related to the Export Control Office, Property Management group, Archives & Records Office and Division Management.
• Provide a high level of customer service to all levels of personnel both internal and external to the organization.
• BA/BS degree or directly relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully managing logistical arrangements for moderately large events (i.e., meetings, reviews, workshops, conferences, etc.).
• Knowledge of Berkeley Lab, University of California (UC), and Department of Energy (DOE) policies, procedures, and practices.
The full salary range of this position is between $5,690 to $9,603 a month and is expected to pay between a targeted range of $6,401 to $7,824 per month depending upon the candidate’s skills, knowledge, and abilities, including education, certifications, and years of experience plus also aligned with the internal peer group. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position.
• This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• This position will be hired at a level commensurate with the business needs and the skills, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule - a combination of teleworking and performing work on site at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA. Work schedules are dependent on business needs. Individuals working a hybrid schedule must reside within 150 miles of Berkeley Lab.
How To Apply
Follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA, https://diversity.lbl.gov/ideaberkeleylab/) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
$5,690 to $9,603 a month
NO Security Clearance
What is Required:
• A minimum of four (4) years of relevant administrative experience including coordinating and facilitating complex tasks related to travel and procurement in research, academic, or large/complex organization, or a combination thereof.
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively as a team player.
• Strong customer focused interpersonal skills including experience interfacing with all levels of personnel both internal and external to an organization with a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated experience coordinating complex processes that require knowledge and sound, professional judgment to determine the appropriate course of action.
• Experience utilizing high-level organizational skills to initiate, prioritize, track and follow through on responsibilities and competing assignments.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining organized records and documentation in electronic files.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including experience compiling information on complex subjects and producing professional high-quality, error-free correspondence, documents, reports, and presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in managing communications and relationships with professional discretion and sensitivity.
• Demonstrated computer knowledge and aptitude for learning new technologies and software.
• Excellent time-management and task-management skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
• Experience with planning, reporting, and coordination of large activities.
• Excellent written communication skills, including detailed editing skills sufficient to edit a variety of documents for grammar, syntax, style, and clarity.
• Ability to leverage business and technology systems (e.g., MS Office Suite, Google Suite, Smartsheet, Adobe Acrobat, etc.) to enhance business organization and communication at all levels.
• Attention to detail and reliable follow-through.
From the infinite scale of the universe to the infinitesimal scale of subatomic particles, researchers at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory – Berkeley Lab – are advancing the scope of human knowledge and seeking science solutions to some of the greatest problems facing humankind. Scientific excellence and an unparalleled record of achievement have been the hallmarks of this Laboratory since it was founded in 1931.